The System Grouting, Equipment and Principles
A Pressure pot capable of being pressurised to 3-5 bar (40-72psi)
The outlet on the pressure pot needs to be altered to accept a 12mm (1/2”) bsp hose adapter with 4 meters (12 feet) of reinforced 12 mm (1/2 inch) tubing and a 12 mm (1/2 inch) quarter turn ball valve. A 12 mm (1/2 inch) hose adapter or threaded attachment needs to be screwed into the valve to enable plastic mastic nozzles to be pushed or threaded onto the front of tire valve. This assembly will then serve as the grout delivery hose and control valve.
- 7 to 10 c.f.m. compressor (minimum).
- Mixing paddle or whisk with a 150 mm (6 inch) cage.
- Electrical drill for mixing (560 r.p.m.).
- Two large mixing buckets (18 Iitres/5 US Gal min.).
- Measuring jug in litre increments.
- A large flour sieve (fine mesh)
- Power generator or 110v transformer.
- An adequate supply of mastic nozzles to suit control valve on delivery hose.
- Safety goggles and gloves
All equipment must be kept in a clean condition. Do not use oil or releasing sprays inside the pressure pot as this may contaminate the grout.
Safety goggles and gloves must be worn at all times when mixing and injecting grout.